The Sandy Taupe Limited Edition is about to hit the tracks. Only 96 of these winches have been made and they will sell out prior to their arrival so get your order in to secure this once-off run of the best winch on the market in this special color scheme. With black dual layer braided rope upgrade and the trademark red hook, it will really stand out as a showpiece on any tough rig.
Carbon Winches was designed and engineered by an Australian Offroad Business KPD Industries. A 4-year project began in 2012 to build a winch that would surpass all options that were available at the time. The Carbon Winch brand was launched in June 2016 and since then has developed a solid reputation for reliability and toughness being tested in some of the harshest environments in Australia and overseas including Iceland and the Middle East.
Many other products on the market simply didn’t cut it in the Australian Outback including some very popular world-renowned brands so we built our own. Now is the time to show the world the quality and reliability we have developed.
- Designed by the Australian offroad business for our harsh Aussie and international conditions
- Fully sealed to resist water, dirt, and dust ingress into motor, drum, and gearbox mechanisms.
- 12000lb fast line pull 216:1 planetary gearset ratio
- 6.2HP series wound electric motor
- 5 position solenoid box mounting bracket
- Battery Isolator Switch
- Wireless remote control unit with lanyard- FULLY SEALED RECIEVER UNIT built into the control box.
- Rotating ring gear clutch for easy low drag freespool
- Electroplated planetary gearsets for long life
- Breather kit pre-fitted to the electric motor
- Multi-Fit Fairlead no need to worry about which suits you bullbar! Simply install as standard fitment or flip over to offset the rope outlet by 20mm.
- All internals fully zinc electroplated for corrosion protection.
- High-performance motor brushes with copper impregnated contacts and corrosion plated brush mount.
- Bearing supported fully balanced armature for superior performance.
- Hoist style brake unit mounted to the drum endplate provides superior holding power by braking through the geartrain with no heat generated on the drum. No contact to drum no damage to synthetic rope.
- 4 position mounting for the control box bracket over the motor or over the drum on top for flat mounting plates or in front of winch for top mounting control box when the winch is mounted vertically. Alternatively, 700mm cables allow remote mounting of the control box separately to the winch.
NO FUSS WARRANTY –
- 5yr Water Ingress Warranty
- 5-year electrical warranty on motor/solenoid unit
- Limited lifetime gear train warranty
- Supported worldwide from Australia.
- All winches are tested for full function and load prior to packing. We guarantee your winch will be 100% fully operational upon arrival.
Understanding the tech features of the winch will help you to decide if this winch is suitable for your requirements. From line speed to dimensions all specifications are important in helping you to understand what you are getting.
Carbon Winches 12K Winch is a 12000lb line pull winch and can meet the rugged demands of off-road and utility use in Australian conditions. It is designed to deliver the best value, reliability, and service life for a winch user. The main features include:
• 6.2 HP Series Wound motor
• 216:1 ratio 3 stage planetary gearbox
• Automatic brake in the motor housing drum plate provided load holding through the geartrain not directly on the drum – (No heat build-up on the drum)
• Rotating ring gear freespool clutch assembly which minimizes freespool drag and completely eliminates clutch engagement issues.
• Power in and power out via a plugin hand remote or a wireless remote controller. The remote controller has an auto-off and failsafe operation features built-in. The receiver is fully sealed and impervious to water.
• 500amp sealed solenoid unit and wired handle remote control and wireless remote control unit
Part number: CW-12K
Rated line pull: 12000 lbs, (5450 kg) single-line
Motor: 12V DC 6.2HP series wound motor
Remote Control: Remote Switch, 12’ (3.7m) lead.
Wireless Remote Control: Included
Geartrain: 3-Stage Planetary.
Gear Ratio: 216:1
Clutch (free spooling): Rotating Ring Gear
Brake: Full load automatic brake installed in the motor housing endplate. No heat on the drum.
Drum Diameter/Length: 2.5’’/8.8’’ (64mm/224mm)
Synthetic Rope: 24m x 10mm diameter
Fairlead: CNC billet alloy black anodized with laser-etched logo
Recommended Battery: 650 CCA minimum for winching
Mounting Bolt Pattern: 10’’ x 4.5’’ ( 254mm x 114.3 )
Winch Dimensions ( L x W x H ): 21.7” x 6.3” x 6.8” (552 x 160 x 172mm )
Packing Dimensions( L x W x H ): 24.2x 14.5′ x 9.8′ ( 615 x 370 x 250mm )
Winch weight with synthetic rope attached: 19.5kg
Winch weight including synthetic rope, control box complete with cables, mounting bolts & fairlead: 23.45kg
PLEASE NOTE: The product video shows a snatch block pulley. This product is an optional extra and is NOT included in the winch package.