The Radium R88 12000lb Winch
On a budget? Need Quality winch? Well look no further, than the Radium R88 12000lb 4WD Winch, backed by the guys at Carbon Offroad, so you know you are in good hands if you ever need help.
As usual, we’ve done our groundwork and this winch has all of the good bits inside to make it super reliable. This winch fits the bill if you just want a backup on your rig for that “what-if” moment, when that bog hole looks too inviting to try and conquer, or when you need to rip some shrubs out of your front garden or do some emergency fence straining or log dragging, the will tick all of your boxes.
- Heavy-duty series wound motor delivers superior torque output and fast line speeds.
- 3 stage planetary gearbox delivers reliable and durable performance
- Hoist style bi-directional brake. No contact with winch drum, brakes through the geartrain.
- Rotating ring gear clutch with lever lift engagement for foolproof clutch engagement
- Hand remote and wireless remote to control the winch easily.
- Power in and power out.
- Mounting bolt kit, control box, and battery cables included.
- Will fit into ANY winch compatible bullbar on the market
- 12-month warranty on mechanical and electrical components*
- Part number: BR-12
- Rated line pull:12000lbs(5450kg) single line
- Motor: 12V DC 6.2hp series wound motor
- Remote Control: Hand remote control, 12’ (3.7m) lead.
- Wireless Remote Control: included – the receiver is preinstalled inside the control box
- Geartrain: 3 stages planetary gear set
- Gear Ratio: 216:1
- Clutch (freespooling): rotating ring gear lever lift clutch disengagement
- Brake: Full load automatic brake installed in the motor base – Brakes through geartrain no contact with winch drum.
- Drum Diameter/Length: 2.5’’/8.8’’ (64mm/224mm)
- Synthetic Rope: 24m, 10mm diameter
- Fairlead: CNC billet alloy hawse fairlead
- Recommended Battery: 650 CCA minimum
- Mounting Bolt Pattern: 10’’ x 4.5’’ ( 254mm x 114.3 )
- Winch Dimensions ( L x W x H ):21.6”x6.3”x6.8”(550x160x172mm)
- Packing Dimensions( L x W x H ): 24.2x 14.5′ x 9.8′ ( 615 x 370 x 250mm )
- Shipping Weight: 34kg ( 75lbs)
|12V DC performance specs (first layer of drum)|
|Pull by layer|
|0||28.5 (8.7)||65 amps||1/12000 (5450)|
|2000 (910)||11.5 (3.5)||120 amps||2/9800(4450)|
|4000 (1810)||9.2(2.8)||160 amps||3/8300 (3770)|
|6000 (2720)||7.9(2.4)||215amps||4/7200 (3270)|
|10000 (3630)||5.6 (1.7)||310 amps|
|12000 (4315)||4.6 (1.4)||360 amps|
*warranty does not cover damage from water ingress. This winch is not sealed, kinda like an older warn winch, built to last, with a bit of TLC here and there, it will last the distance. If you do go through water, the best thing to do is to power out the full length of the rope all the way under power and back in, do this 2 or 3 times to heat up the motor, and disperse any water that may be inside.